Wednesday, August 29

Rescued another one!

Two months ago, my friend and I were coming back from doing some errands. It was getting rather dark out. As we were passing over an overpass, I saw out of the corner of my eye a kitten in traffic. I asked my friend to stop, we pulled over and managed to get the kitten out of traffic and onto the side of road.

We spent the next forty-five minutes convincing the little thing to stop screaming and to come out of the convenient thorn bush it had managed to hole up in. After losing a nice chunk of my hair and tearing my shirt, arms, and face to hell, we got him out.

As soon as we got back to the car, we found out that something had torn the skin from his right shoulder back like peeling a banana. He smelled terrible and was covered in fleas. But, he didn't seem in any pain, the wound was dirty, but not infected. The little guy was purring up a storm as soon as the car started up.

When we got home, he was given water and fed a small amount of wet food. Then, promptly was given two baths and the wound was disinfected. After being dried off and shown the cat boxes, the little guy decided to follow me around the kitchen as I made dinner, screaming at the top of his tiny lungs.

After a visit to the vet and given a clean bill of kitty health and some antibiotics, he was sent back home.


The little guy has been deemed "Monkey" and has tripled in size and weight. His coat is glossy and soft. He is such a little love bug. Who would have thought that he was found on the side of the road?

No comments:

Post a Comment