Tuesday, September 4

Solelle Solid Perfumes


 Solelle perfumes are handcrafted solid perfumes that come in nifty lip balm tubes that are perfect for tossing in your purse or gift giving. The unique scents linger for hours on your pulse points. All of the perfumes are made with traditional beeswax or a vegan plant wax.

Each solid is made with ingredients like soybean oil, beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coco butter, Shea butter, and vitamin E. All of which moisturizes your skin, leaving it soft and lightly perfumed. They are completely non-messy unlike perfume oils that can stain clothes or cause skin irritations.

With a beautiful shop name like Solelle, one can't help but wonder what inspired it! The shop owner explained that the name comes from his wife's MMO character name. People liked it so much that they started calling her Sol instead of her real name! How cute is that? 

"Solelle is just the name of the shop. Most people just assume I'm a woman. I'm a man, and no one ever asks. Don't other men use Etsy? This was my wife's hobby in High School. She is one of the most creative people you'll ever meet. 

I wanted to do something with her on a college student's budget. So, I asked her to show me one of her hobbies. It turns out making perfumes is more involved then you would think! I never guessed I would be good at it. But, I enjoy it and do it on my own now. 

 I know it may be just a dad trying to take care of his family, but I really do enjoy it."

The mastermind behind Solelle has graciously provided me with seven scents to sample. They specialize in Fantasy, Science fiction, Steampunk, Goth, Vintage, and Burlesque inspired magical solid perfumes. There is something for every taste!

 

Pictured from top to bottom: 1936 - a light floral, very sweet and pretty. Gypsy Heart -  Italian bergamot, camellia, with exotic sandalwood. Katniss on Fire - lilies, roses, and spicy woods. Steampunk Sweethearts - lily and muguet bloom with a hint of wood.

 

Pictured from top to bottom: Zombie Girlfriend - berries, florals, sensual incense, and night musk. Absinthe - with notes of anise, sugar, spices, and citrus. And, Marguerite the Pirate Queen - is spicy and woodsy. Lovely!

 My favorites are Gypsy Heart, Zombie Girlfriend, and Marguerite the Pirate Queen. They are perfect for this warm sunny weather and putting in in my purse for a quick refresh at work or on a date. I absolutely love the small size of these tubes! My boyfriend's mother would have to agree, because she snatched up the other four perfumes! 

You can follow Solelle on Facebook for coupons, contests, and updates.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment